Thursday, September 25, 2008

Wake Up Call Now!

It was a crude wake-up call to me. Yet, how timely it was. Right on monday, my lecturer for YKT 214 gave us some in-class assignments and discussions. And in that activity, me and a few other friends were asked to be a panel to discuss 2 questions.

1) Based on the statement, discuss. The statement made was regarding the nature of control over access to media. it says that although there is access, the access is made useless when large transational media corporations and certain government controls its direction.

2) To what extent can ICT be used to assisst minority groups?

Why is it a wake-up call to me? During our discussion, I realised that whatever the answer was, I knew it. But the bad part was my organisation being poor. I could not focus, neither could I be decisive. It was a realisation that, I can no longer run away from God. I can no longer use excuses and the stress around me, to let me be comfortable and pitied. Furthermore, I should not wallow in my despair, for God is there to pick me up.

And now, I make my choice and stand. Be it difficult and full of challenges, I have to let God pick me up and lead me on. I have decided to be a man of faith, and give me all in my remaining semesters. The time has come for me, to trust and depend on God. Who else can I do the same?

For family and friends that were with me in this journey, I greatly thank you. No words would suffice to express my gratitude. I will now move on......

No comments: