Sunday, September 7, 2008

God's greatness!!

Many a times, we could not find the right word for the situation. We could not give the right response and we may not be able to make the wise choice at the moment. There are times, we have been stumped, where we could not even know what should we do, Times like this, we search and we look, for the book which tells us what to do. We seek for refuge in incomprehensible ways and we even hurt those we seek to protect. We feel weak and lonely, vulnerable and defensive, confused and angered. But what should we do? Do we not know of God's mercy? Do we not enjoy His ever soothing peace? Do we forget of His flowing providence and His everlasting strength?

Let it not be so. Rather, may we rise up from our ashes, may we stir from our slumber, may we fly out from our pit of despair. For in our weakness lies God's strength. In it, we can truly experience the joy that nothing else gives, the peace that goes through the storm, the comfort that embalms the deepest wounds. It is not us being helpless that amuses God! But it is us, knowing full well that He looks from the heavens, smiling at us, going through life, and depending on Him. With Him in our heart and life, what more can we ask? Riches? Money is cheap and lasts but a while.

There are meaningful things that money will never be able to buy. Success? But that too is fleeting, for what does it mean to be successful, if we could not pay for our own sins, nor could we be more righteous than the ragged sinner we are. Grades, careers, knowledge? Is it not ironic, when at times, all the knowledge of this world, is mere foolishness to God? Doesn't He knows already? Salvation? Nothing can be of more value, than where we would be spending eternity. Nothing can take away our sins but Christ's sacrifice. Nothing would suffice the grave nor the eternal damnation, but Him alone.

So, what should I do then? Depress my self? Ignore those who are trying to help me? Far be it from me! It should now be a time for me, to grow in Christ, and let Him lead me, where He knows best. Whatever may come, let Christ's greatness be. I know for sure, that He is there to guide me, to comfort me, to love me, to counsel me, to rebuke me, to pick me up, to give me peace, to lift me across oceans and mountains, to hold me close in His arms, to shelter me from harm, to build me up, to encourage me, to mould me, to give me hope, to let me be, to reach out to me, to provide for me, to never let me go, to never leave me alone, to be there, every, single, step, I, take. One, at, a, time. Just there, just right.

2 comments:

the lynx said...

Truly the words that encourage and awaken those in slumber of depression... Just the time when one is standing at the edge, only waiting for the courage to either jump off, or to turn around and walk away.

How wonderful indeed to know that in times when our eyes are closed shut and clouded with despair, all we need to do is to just lift our eyelids and let God, in all His never-ending love, grace and mercy, to shine a ray into our eyes for us to see just Him as the only answer to all our why's, how's and what's.

Praise God for all that and thanks Ed, for this post. You'll never know how it'll touch any reader who happens to be in need of such words. May you continue to be strengthened in Him at all times, especially in troubled times. Keep up posting and let God shine through :)

ange violette said...

Thanx for the encouragement. Seriously, I posted this right after the incident. Sigh..There is a much more longer road for me tot walk with Christ, but i will continue on, and may I depend more on His grace each day. May readers who read this blog turn to Christ once more, and look away from the cliff.