Saturday, April 5, 2008

Kitchen Fellowship launched!!

Intrigued? well.. if u need a quick explanation, pop by this post. Before it, I was having a tough and stressful period. Why stressful? Things that I have been doing did not go well and the team that I am with was not able to support and encourage each other continually. Study week came and so did the stress. Only then, I could understand why people would give up on life, especially those who do not know Christ. Those who have no place to turn to. For me, although I am sorrowful and stressed, but praying to God truly comforts me. It is not just that, for being with brothers in Christ lifts your spirit up also. And that is what happened.

The kitchen fellowship we had, brought me great comfort and joy. A simple meal, a simple time for devotion (i kid u not!) and a simple prayer, not to forget a simple fellowship...wait, an EXPLOSIVE FELLOWSHIP!! Those are the things that have been bringing me through. I could say, that if it was not for that, I may have succumbed to the pressure.

Stress is not all in vain. It contains in itself, the lessons of life. It has showed me the importance of choosing things of eternal value, the power of prayer, comfort, encouragement and fellowship. It showed me the frailty of man that lifts up the glory of God. Truly, it is in our weakness, that we could see Christ's glory greatly!!

For those who would like to try, join us for a meal. If not, just ask me , Abe, Matthew or Alex about it. Even better yet, get a few(not too many!) Christians that you can share heart-to-heart with, whip up a simple meal, and get that devotion book out of the dusty cupboard (including the recipe book*wink*) share your thoughts, give thanks to God fro the food, and fellowship(yeah, u can eat now!). Clean up with a cheerful heart!

Kitchen fellowship maybe something u have done before, or something new. Whatever it is, try it and furthermore, encourage those who have needs around you!

I take this opportunity to give thanks to God for Matthew, Abe and Alex for having Kitchen Fellowship with me! God bless you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear bro,
is a relieve to hear that this small effort of fellowshipping on the dining table can help u to find comfort and rest in God. Wil continue to pray that the Lord's grace will always be upon you. We are always here to support and encourage each other..continue to persevere in HIM..HE IS ALMIGHTY!