Tuesday, December 25, 2007

The beginning fo the 2nd Sem

The beginning of the 2nd Semester

The beginning has dawned upon me. It has been almost a week now. Saturday, the breeze blows gently. Ironically, it carried a lofty air and not to mention some smoke..(cough).. Transition are not easy things. Going back and forth from the urban realm and unto the realm of islands prove to be a switch in perspectives. Now, continuing my mission, I feel a sense of purpose, urgency even, in the task at hand. Mountains of books and readings are to be done. To add to the challenge, time constrains exists, and not to mention some of the terminology and logic blows you away. What a way to start the semester, what a way.

Another thing worthy to be mentioned is the due credit to God for His guidance and wisdom. Being in my freshman years really puts me to the test. I have started to rely and depend more on God’s word and His guidance. It is not easy and I have still along way to go. The friends that I have are also a blessing and a reminder of the example I should set, as a Christian. Although getting a result is an added bonus, earning the souls for God is an even worthier cause and higher call. Therefore, I am starting to be constantly on my toes, making sure I do not become a stumbling block to others. I also pray that I am constantly seeking the approval of God, rather than that of Man.

It is also here, that I would like to explain a concept that I had in mind for a while. For those who know me personally, I do hope all of you could bear with me. Writing my posts is not easy for me. I had to consciously self-censor and am constantly bombarded with the concern of the thoughts that people have about me, through my posts. It is something that is innate for me now. It may sound like I’m paranoid or something, but I assure you, I am not. I felt that the technology offered to us nowadays, needs to be used wisely and productively. The main reason I finally decided to create this blog, is because I want to increase my writing skills. I felt that having a blog, would prompt me to write and keep writing. It would also be a springboard for my ideas and also as a response board for my stories. Therefore, you would start to read my short stories soon (if I could call it so), and my life scribbles. Part of my life would be used in the stories, and it may also not be left out entirely. Whatever it is, I do wish for your sincere, productive comments and support. A sample of it is the post before this. Do leave comment if you are interested.

To cut the lengthy commentary short, I felt it is important for me to use riddles and a fictional approach to my stories. I do not want to offend people who read my posts. I felt that it would also be beneficial, as I can see through another lens of life, stretching my creativity. So, after this post, please do not be alarmed with the sudden explosion of anagrams and riddles, codes and fiction. I am just a writer, in the realm of the new millennium. Besides, having a partial anonymity would not be a permanent thing. For my family and friends, have a wonderful day ahead and I do hope you would understand what I have written here.

So, as a last word of advice, DO NOT have contempt for the writer. I also hope that my posts, if it is ever that good, will not be copied and posted on elsewhere without my agreement or credit. Intellectual property should be respected and upheld.

No comments: