Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Her

Her smiles are starting to hurt me deep on the inside. I can no longer see those eyes and hear those laughter. I can no longer be in places that were once memorable. And pain is such a constant companion. One that lingers on even when there is none left to feel. Is there not a sliver of hope? Is there not an ounce of trust?

Woe unto me, for I have been discouraged. Woe unto me for I have lost focus on that which I hold dear. Is there not a bond left that is worth more than what I ask for? Could I not be satisfied?

But the pain is ever present. The distant is not merely physical, for it has been emotional too.

Is it all lost in the winds? Is all left in the hands of Fate?

Can I not move on?

I guess, I am just afraid. Fearful that with each step forward, she would no longer smile. With each step, I would lose all thought of her smile, all hope for a friend, all understanding or memory of her. And yet, it became even harder, when she no longer extend her hands, no matter how callous it is...

No comments: