Sunday, March 2, 2008

What to do when your PC goes out on u!!

There has been bad news. Hopefully there won't be more! I was typing on my laptop and just saved my work. Then, somehow (in a flash of automated silliness!) I shut down my gear. Thinking that it's something the pc can recover from (naively) I went out to get some fresh air. After that, I came back and started my pc. To my absolute horror! It kept on restarting, over and over again. It was disaster in the full extent. It was so, because I have an assignment to pass up the next day (it was 10pm at the time) and I lost all the 7 pages I had painstakingly typed!! So, I had to go around and borrowed my fren's laptop, and start to type, all 12 pages of it! It has been a very costly and strong lesson for me. I will NEVER forget it! I being in a place far from home, I wanted to try to reformat my pc. I had to. Gan was busy. In the end I asked around, and I decided to take matters into my own hands, and did what I could. I reformatted my computer with the Windows XP cd I had brought with me. But then I also came to realise, I don't have the driver disc. The ones for the wireless, audio and the nvidia graphic driver. (SIGH) SO, I had to find a few frens who can go online, and get whatever they could. I really had to back those files up!!anyway, I had become a technophile after that. I think I'm not afraid of 'technology, I just can't afford expensive lessons...

so, whenever your pc goes out on you, take a step back. ANALYSE. Then act on it. it doesn't take you long to find out that you need to reformat your comp. It just takes a COSTLY lesson..lol

No comments: